Miss Gentle and the Case of the Very Flat Monk by Travis Baldree
Published July 2026 via Amazon Original Stories
The monks have a problem: One of them is dead, and they don't know whodunnit. Luckily Miss Gentle is on the case...but the monks might be a little more comfortable if she weren't quite so singular. That, and if she weren't demanding as payment something that they cannot replace.
This was an odd and fun little story: a touch of the absurd, a mystery, a final reveal (or two!) to keep things lively. I haven't read anything else from Baldree, but this piqued my interest. I'm not sure I have it in me to read orc romance (see: Baldree's full-length books), but a mysterious investigator dressed in a suit of armor...I don't know; I wouldn't mind reading more.
A satisfying bit of summer fluff. Definitely recommended if you have Kindle Unlimited.
Thanks to the author and publisher for providing a review copy through NetGalley.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Review: "What the Ancestors Say" by Sierra Biidaaban Nadeau
What the Ancestors Say by Sierra Biidaaban Nadeau Published September 2026 via Broadleaf Books ★★★★ It strikes me as strange that Indian boa...
-
The Ferryman and His Wife by Frode Grytten, translated from the Norwegian by Alison McCullough Published November 2025 via Algonquin Books ★...
-
Three Ordinary Girls by Tim Brady Published February 2021 via Citadel Press ★★★ For all that I've heard about the strength of the Dutch ...
-
The Keeper by Tana French Published March 2026 via Viking ★★★★ Book three—of three—in the Cal Hooper series. Time has passed: Trey is growin...

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.