The Wednesday Witches Book Club by Sarah Beth Durst
Published July 2026 via Amazon Original Stories
The worst part of Ashley's divorce was losing her book club, but now she's found a new one...maybe. Hopefully. If they can just figure out the problem with the cats...
I don't want to say too much here, as this short story is over almost as soon as it starts (so, limits to how much plot can be discussed without spoilers), but this makes for such a cozy, bookwormish world. Is all well in this book club...? No. That's clear from early on. But this world is great: magic directly linked to books, cats perhaps a little cannier than humans might think, and hey, a library with a rolling staircase. Yes please.
The conflict here is limited and the whole vibe, again, cozy. A short form makes a lot of sense here, but frankly I wouldn't mind something longer-form either. I'm still marvelling at how different the two of Durst's books I've read (The Lake House and The Faraway Inn) were; this is definitely in the latter camp. Is it time to read Durst's Spellshop books...?
Thanks to the author and publisher for providing a review copy through NetGalley.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Review: "What the Ancestors Say" by Sierra Biidaaban Nadeau
What the Ancestors Say by Sierra Biidaaban Nadeau Published September 2026 via Broadleaf Books ★★★★ It strikes me as strange that Indian boa...
-
The Ferryman and His Wife by Frode Grytten, translated from the Norwegian by Alison McCullough Published November 2025 via Algonquin Books ★...
-
Three Ordinary Girls by Tim Brady Published February 2021 via Citadel Press ★★★ For all that I've heard about the strength of the Dutch ...
-
The Keeper by Tana French Published March 2026 via Viking ★★★★ Book three—of three—in the Cal Hooper series. Time has passed: Trey is growin...

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.