Disappear by Chelsie Robb
Published July 2023
★★★
I am just a number. / My entire life is numbers. I've never / been good at math. (11)
Not sure how best to describe this, but I guess a chapbook? A mix of poetry and prose or prose poetry. I prefer the prose parts, which will never be a surprise to me, but they're well done here. The later poetry lean a little rhyme-heavy, but overall there's a good sense of variation and growth throughout the short book.
I don't know how to talk about the grave I dug myself into so long ago without inviting you to start digging too. (14)
I'll leave it there—short book, short review?—but this one worked better for me than I expected.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Review: "All That Dies in April" by Mariana Travacio
All That Dies in April by Mariana Travacio Translated from the Spanish by Will Morningstar and Samantha Schnee Published October 2026 via Wo...
-
The Ferryman and His Wife by Frode Grytten, translated from the Norwegian by Alison McCullough Published November 2025 via Algonquin Books ★...
-
The Keeper by Tana French Published March 2026 via Viking ★★★★ Book three—of three—in the Cal Hooper series. Time has passed: Trey is growin...
-
Three Ordinary Girls by Tim Brady Published February 2021 via Citadel Press ★★★ For all that I've heard about the strength of the Dutch ...

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.