Safe Harbor by Nicola Yoon and David Yoon
Published June 2026 via Amazon Original Stories
Isabel isn't sure of much, but she is sure that she doesn't want to be at the Safe Harbor therapy program. Her parents' divorce is bad enough; having to discuss it with other teenagers whose families are going through divorce is adding insult to injury.
The authors do a good job of differentiating the various characters throughout the story, which is impressive given the length of the story and that almost all the characters are introduced pretty much all at once at the beginning. I'm not wildly impressed by the therapist in the story; on the one hand, she's human, which is great (I do not stan Miracle Therapists in books), but on the other hand, I found her pretty unprofessional. Nice to see the teenagers connecting anyway, and finding ways to bring their walls down a bit.
Reading short stories from this collection has been super interesting, because many of the authors are ones whose books I've seen but not (yet) read; nice to get a chance to try them out.
Thanks to the authors and publisher for providing a review copy through NetGalley.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Children's books: Deutsch II: "Ein Herz für Elefanten", "Sturmgefühle, Schattenbilder", und "Bagger Bens Tag am Meer"
Ein Herz für Elefanten von R.G. de Rouen Sturmgefühle, Schattenbilder von Michelle Müller-Nagy (Verlag Monika Fuchs) Bagger Bens Tag am Me...
-
The Ferryman and His Wife by Frode Grytten, translated from the Norwegian by Alison McCullough Published November 2025 via Algonquin Books ★...
-
The Keeper by Tana French Published March 2026 via Viking ★★★★ Book three—of three—in the Cal Hooper series. Time has passed: Trey is growin...
-
Three Ordinary Girls by Tim Brady Published February 2021 via Citadel Press ★★★ For all that I've heard about the strength of the Dutch ...

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.